Friday, September 11, 2015

Design Team Profile: Cammy!

Hola everyone, my name is Cammy and I’m new to the design team at Lu Raquel.  I started as an intern in June and have been having a blast doing renderings, flats, spec sheets and even a little sewing.

My journey here started back in high school where I taught myself to sew and would make bags and purses for friends. I quickly advanced in my abilities and began making formal gowns. I loved the creative aspect of designing and put many meticulous details and love into each dress I made. I knew right out of high school I wanted to design bridal gowns. I attended the University of Idaho and funded my schooling working as a bridal consultant and seamstress. In December 2013, I graduated with a degree in Clothing, Textiles and Design, with an emphasis on design.
While in school my favorite classes were my costume design classes. These ignited an interest in the world that led me to take the opportunity to travel overseas during the last few years. I love experiencing new cultures, people, and foods, and this is something I incorporate in my work now.
I’ve had so much fun working with such a diverse group of clients and such a wide range of dresses, and am so blessed to come to work everyday and do exactly what I set out to do. I’m excited to see what the future holds and to watch the company grow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.