Friday, February 12, 2016

A Day in The Life of a Fashion Student- Pt. 2

So it’s been what, 4 weeks since my first post? A lot has happened since then. I already have tests coming up next week, along with major projects that are due. This workload has been so large, but I can already see improvements to my designs and illustrations. In fact check it out!

I am getting ready to turn in a project that contains at least 60 drawings. It’s hard to try and design 60 different outfits or croquis for a commercial final half dozen collection. I am incorporating both upcoming trends and trending color schemes. I have been inspired by historical aspects and architecture, utilizing pastels for Spring 2017-2018, starring in a collection for my brand, Carreia, to be theoretically displayed at Kohl's.

I am taking my first Art History test next week. We actually studied cave man art (a.k.a. Paleolithic art) and have made our way up to the ancient Egyptians.


Additionally, I’ve been taking a class in draping, creating all different types of skirts just by moving the fabric on the mannequin.

I have also taken classes in fashion fabrics and fashion fundamentals. We have learned about not only what fabrics are made of but what they are made out of. In fact, here are some pictures of a burn test to help identify the fibers in these fabrics.

Honestly, I love being in these classes. I love getting to learn all of these things that I love so much. Getting to learn about all of the new techniques and ways to further what I am passionate about is exciting. I love having the chance to learn all of these new techniques. Although, you would not believe how expensive all of these books, fabrics, and different supplies are needed for this course! I can’t wait to show you my final projects next time!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.